MMA Annual Retreat, 2015
July 16-18, 2015
Russelville, Missouri (near Jefferson City)
Driving directions and address coming soon!
TENTATIVE Retreat Schedule
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Pre-Retreat Workshop: CPR for Healthcare Providers
Fee: $40, payable to the instructor at the workshop.
Pre-Retreat Workshop: Neonatal Resuscitation Certification Training:
The cost will be $30 per person, payable to the instructor at the training workshop.
In order to get NRP certified, you MUST study Chapters 1-4 and 9 of the book ahead of time (either a hard copy, or it's available to download online as well) and pass all of the online tests for these chapters BEFORE coming to the skills portion of the class Thursday afternoon. There is a cost for taking the online portion, which is separate from the cost of doing the hands-on person on Thursday afternoon. Pleaes read below and follow the steps!
Here's the link to the American Academy of Pediatrics NRP course and testing online: http://www2.aap.org/nrp/
(Yes, the website is a pain to navigate and find your way around... it took me almost as long to register for the course and figure out how to take it as it did to do the actual online tests last time. I've copied some test taking advice from another instructor and pasted below. Hopefully this is helpful.)
Keep in mind that you must only pass Chapters 1-4 and 9.
Points to fully understand prior to taking the online test:
1. You should read the sections you will be tested on in the 6th edition textbook before taking the test (if you want to pass).
2. You must take the test before you come to class and bring the verification form to the class to receive your AAP/NRP card.
3. Once you register to take the exam online, some computers–especially older versions–will have a window that comes up which states “check your system to see if your computer meets the minimum system requirements. “Regardless of what it says about your computer system, follow the directions below in order to get registered:
a. TO TAKE THE TEST CLICK HERE
b. Do not sign in on this page. Click on “create a User ID and Password” under “Are you a student?’.
c. From the next drop down menu click on “self-registration”.
d. Create your account using the username and password of your choosing.
e. Relax as you take the test, keep your energy up (move around, eat chocolate) and keep a positive attitude (when discouraged your mental abilities are not as sharp).
4. Please heed this warning… DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CLASS TO TAKE THE EXAM!!! MANY people are having system glitches and cannot call anyone because it is after hours. They may not answer the phones during business hours either.
5. Remember that if you fail a section twice, you will have to repay to take the test again.
6. After you finish chapters 1-4, & 9 and any other chapters you may need, you MUST take the post exam evaluation at the end where it says you passed those chapters. If you do not take the post exam evaluation, you can not print your certificate which is your verification form.
7. At the top you will see a link in green that says: “View Certificate of Completion” or at the bottom it says “View Certificate”.
8. Click on either one of these and then print it. This is your verification form that you need to bring to class.
4:30pm: Registration/Welcome Table
5:30pm: Dinner & Ice Breaker
6:30: Break Outs:
• 1 for students
• 2 for midwives
Friday, July 17, 2015
7:30-8:30: Breakfast & Registration/Welcome Table
9:45-10:15: Drill Stations (Choose one):
3-5:30: MMA Business Meeting
7-8pm: Break Outs (choose one):
8pm: Off-Call Fun
Saturday, July 18
11:30- 1:00: Lunch, Wrap Up, and Clean up after yourself!
MMA is a State-of-Missouri not-for-profit organization, therefore all retreat fees and dues are donations. MMA is not a Federal 501c3, however, so donations are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions. They may or may not be deductible as legitimate businesses expenses. Please consult your tax professional if you have questions about what is deductible and what is not.
*Please note that our office must receive your pre-registration by Monday, July 13, 2015. If pre-registration has not been received by that date you will need to pay at the door.
_____ $25.00 MMA Membership Dues (optional)
Pre-Retreat workshop, PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
__X__ $xx CPR For Healthcare Providers, pay the instructor
__X__ $30 Neonatal Resuscitation Certification, pay the instructor
_____ $100 Full Retreat, MMA member
_____ $125 Full Retreat, non-member
_____ $25 Thursday only, member or non-member
_____ $75 Friday only, member or non-member
_____ $50 Saturday only, member or non-member
_____ $15 Child/Sitter meals, per person
Number of Children/Sitters: _____
Full registration includes meals listed on the schedule. Please bring whatever foods you need to accomodate any special dietary needs you may have.
Please print this page, marking which pre-registration fees you are paying, and mail with your payment, to:
Missouri Midwives Association
1325 W. Sunshine, #132
Springfield, MO 65807
Please note that your pre-registration must be received by our office by Monday, July 13, 2015. Late pre-registrants will need to pay regular registration fees at the door.
Save time! PayPal your pre-registration fees with a credit card or bank account by clicking the "donate" button below and entering your total pre-registration fee amount. You must then email all information on from above to Information@MissouriMidwivesAssociation.org
Please pre register if possible but not required. Just come if you can!
Lap babies welcome. Mobile children with private care providers welcome.
What to bring: Bedding, pillow, towel, snacks; a video, chart, story or question to share.
Work exchange are available to those in need. Don't let finances keep you from attending the retreat! Contact Treasurer@MissouriMidwivesAssociation.org if you are interested in scholarship and/or work exchange.